Some Of The Links On This Website Are Affiliate Links Which Means That At No Cost To You, I Will Earn A Small Commission If You Click And Make A Purchase. Additionally, As An Amazon Associate, I Earn From Qualifying Purchases.
Celestial events provide seasonal cues and clues, but why did the ancients align their structures with nature and the “Heavens”?
The ancient monuments, pyramids, observatories, and temples of Ancient Egypt-Kemet were very detailed in construction. Their structures were aligned precisely with celestial events. Ancient Egyptians were very aware of celestial events taking place in the “Heavens” and how these events affected everything on Earth. Their advanced knowledge of astronomy, cosmology, mathematics, and astrology led them to build specific places on Earth to keep track of cosmic events. It is true that celestial events can provide seasonal cues, but what was the purpose of the ancients aligning their monuments with the moon and stars?
Here are 8 Celestial alignments with monuments of Ancient Egypt:
8. On the spring and fall equinoxes, an unusual phenomenon occurs at the Great Sphinx and Pyramid of Khafre. A direct view of the rising sun can be seen when it reaches the right shoulder of the Sphinx on the date of either equinox. As the Sun sits behind the Sphinx at the southern corner of the Pyramid of Khafre (the Second Tallest of the Three Pyramids), it is also at this angle that the Sun appears behind the Sphinx.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION ON FACEBOOK
Ancient Egypt Unveiled
Discuss Topics Such As:
⭐️ The “gods”✨ Technology 📌 Hieroglyphics 🔺Egyptology 🌍 Alien Philosophy🌻Amateur Archaeology ⚒ Magick
6. The Great Pyramids of Giza are nearly perfectly aligned with the north, south, east, and west. Egyptian pyramids have four faces aligned with compass points. The pyramids were aligned North-South using the stars Aton and Atum in the Big Dipper and Little Dipper constellations. As well as being aligned with Orion's belt, the pyramids are aligned with the Earth's center. In addition to being aligned with the cardinal points, the Giza Pyramid was built for Pharaoh Khufu (Cheops).
5. The Red Pyramid at Dahshur is rotated slightly counterclockwise from the four cardinal points.
4. Through the temple's entranceway, Karnak Temple witnesses the solstice sunrise during the winter solstice. During this time, The Sun God, “Ra” was born, one of the most important deities in ancient Egypt. The ancient Egyptians announced the arrival of winter by setting specific standards and performing astronomical calculations.
3. As the winter solstice approaches, thousands of tourists and Egyptians flock to Luxor's Deir el-Bahari, the most important Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, to see the beautiful reflection of the sun.
2. Every February 4 and November 8, the Divine Birth House at the Temple of Dendera is illuminated by the sun.
1. Holy of Holies of the ancient Temple of Hibis, located in the New Valley, is illuminated by the sun on September 6 and April 7.
STAY IN THE KNOW!
Never miss an article, new information, updates, events, E-books, freebies, exclusives, and so much more!